Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Packing, unique recipes, and elliptical machines.

At the end of this week I will be moving out of my current apartment into one a block away. For the past two years, this crazy little studio has been my home. Despite the smallness of the space, I have quite a lot of stuff--making packing take quite a lot of time. Added to that is all the reminiscing that happens when one begins to sort through papers, etc. :-)
It's been a cozy home. I think I'll miss it. But now it's on to bigger and better things!

Because of the move, I haven't been buying groceries--trying to eat up what I have already. It's created some interesting meals. Which is nothing new for me.
1. Mexican Meatloaf with smashed tortilla chips instead of bread crumbs and salsa instead of marinara sauce.
2. Potato Brioches
3. Beef, mushroom, parsley and dried tomato pasta salad
4. Frozen cheese pizza with added spinach and mushrooms

Two weeks after moving, I will be off on another adventure. I'll be joining Jews for Jesus on their Summer Witnessing Campaign in NYC. In preparation for four weeks of intense street evangelism, I've been working out at Bally's. Lots of ellipticalling, stationary biking and speed- walking on the treadmill. "Going to the gym" is really a very interesting snapshot of American pop-culture at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...