Search This Blog

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Ruth, barley, and the genealogy of Jesus

I think God is trying to tell me something. I'm not sure what it is, but I like the imagery.



1. We are studying the book of Ruth in the Mishpocago girls' Bible Study.
2. the Jewish holiday of Shavuot is coming up May 28-30--a celebration of the harvest and the giving of God's Word.
3. Last week we didn't have church because of the H1N1 Flu scare, so I listened to a sermon online. It happened to be the first of a series on Ruth by Mark Driscoll. (Amazing teaching! I highly recommend it.)
4. I've always wanted to do a painting from scripture. I got an idea to do a genealogy of Jesus, starting with Ruth and Boaz. Instead of a tree, I want to use a barley sheaf.

Here are some inspirations:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...