Search This Blog

Thursday, May 7, 2009

From "In-training" to "Master": May 7, 2009

So maybe I'm not a public historian-in-training, in the strictest form of the phrase, any longer. Today graduated with a Master of Arts degree. It's kind of surreal. These last two years went by very very quickly. And now I'm out in the real world. Scary thought.

No job prospects yet. But I have faith that God will provide.
This summer I am going to NYC to do a street evangelism missions trip with Jews for Jesus. I am super excited to see New York, and the ways God is going to use me this summer. While there I'll also get to visit lots of museums, and hopefully get some good ideas for my future.

In the mean time, I might go back to working on that children's book, or illustrated cookbook.
When I return to Chicago in August, for the first time in 19 years, I will not be getting ready for school. I'm not sure how that's going to feel, but I am tell you it's going to be weird. I need to find an identity outside the academic sphere, away from student status.

I have this degree, but I'm still me. It's kind of like in one of the later Anne books when she receives her B.A. Everyone expects so much more of her and praises her for her accomplishments, but really she's still the same Anne.
So here I am, the same me, but stepping out into a world beyond school. A Master of Public History. May God bless the work of my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...