Search This Blog

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Having church without going to church

This weekend Rogers Park Community Church chose not to meet. It was a precautionary measure because of the Swine Flu. Anyway, it was weird waking up this morning and not preparing to go to church. I have been so blessed to find a family in RPCC, but when I was in undergrad, I did not have a "home church." There were many Sundays that I would attend "Bed-side Baptist" instead of going out and finding a place to worship. I did not feel a part of the global church.

But now, sitting in my apartment, listening to a sermon online, I feel full participation in God's church. This morning, people all around the world woke up and met to worship the Lord. Often sitting in church, I get wound up in the "doing" and I don't take a moment to think about the global body of believers. Such community! What other institution can take any given moment and know someone else is praising God and lifting up their brothers and sisters in prayer?

I am grateful for this morning. A moment to sit, just me and God, and think about who He is to all of us, not just me, not just RPCC. He is the sovereign and good Lord of the entire Universe . . . and He loves me! It doesn't matter that we aren't meeting all together in a building, each and everyone of us is able to worship and praise our Heavenly Father wherever and whenever we are. So thank you, Jesus! But please bring us back together next week for holy fellowship and community. :-)

This is the sermon I listened to this morning. I encourage you to listen to it. There are six parts.
http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/redeemingruth/gods-hand-in-our-suffering

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...