Search This Blog

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Living in the kitchen

This morning I woke up at 9am. Ten minutes ago I left the kitchen. Between making breakfast, cookies, mini-cheesecakes, lunch and super I was one busy women.

Saturday is my birthday, so I was making ice cream cookie sandwiches for a little party at the park. My family is driving back from camp on Sunday and stopping in Chicago for a bit, so the mini cheesecakes are for them (and Friday night dessert picnic at the Grant Park Music Festival). It was lunch time, so I had to make lunch (chinese noodles and an frozen egg roll). Tonight I work from 2-10pm so I had to pack a lunch.

Now I understand why women throughout history have been labeled as kitchen-bound. It is very easy to make a whole day out of cooking, baking and washing dishes! (I washed about three loads in three hours).

Time to eat lunch and run out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...