Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Daily Epiphany: August 20

My family returned safe from camp, and on the way home stopped in Chicago to wish me a happy birthday. Stoophy and I took some fun pictures with her digital camera. As soon as she posts them, I shall do the same.

Yesterday I went to the Salvation Army Thrift Store on Devon. It was actually an easy walk. Goal: some clothes and a book shelf. Well I didn't find a book shelf, but I got some good items for fall. I love thrift store shopping because there is so much more variety than your regular department store. You just can't go expecting to find something specific.

On the way to the store I ate lunch at this Mediterranean restaurant called Big Buns and Pita (soon to be called Sahara Kabob). Their Hummus and Shwirma is amazing!

I had something else to write about, but I forgot what it was . . . that's not good.

Classes start a week from yesterday! Ahhhhhh! Not quite ready.

Last night I rediscovered decoupage. At the beginning of the summer I was complaining to myself that I don't have any hobbies . . . now I have two children's books and a cook book to illustrate, a sweater to knit, and more recipes to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...