Search This Blog

Thursday, December 4, 2008

A historic tour of my home kitchen

Over Thanksgiving, my sister went picture-happy. She documented every moment (most of which are posted on Facebook). As a result, I have some pretty spiffy pictures of my home kitchen.
So, in honor of hanging out in this amazing room almost all of Thanksgiving day, I would like to show off the kitchen in my parent's house. Most of my inspiration for culinary greatness came from this lovely place. The house was built close to the turn of the century by Madison Mayor, John B. Heim (1848-1919). The kitchen hasn't changed much.

Ok, ready? We're about to walk in . . .

Here's a look as you walk through the door.

The frig. Notice the plentiful photographs of family and friends. :-)

Our stove, Old Faithful. That thing is a tank. Circa a long time ago.

The lovely original (refurbished) wooden cabinets and counter.

Windows and the trust-worthy butcher block.

The original sink and hutch. (Me walking with a knife, as well).

I hope you enjoyed this historic tour. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...