Search This Blog

Friday, November 14, 2008

I illustrated my first children's book . . .

So, back in May I started working on my own little children's story about a girl that goes to an art museum for a field trip. I'm still working on it, but along the way, a more exciting illustrating "job" popped up. My friend Hannah wrote a little story for her son, and wanted me to illustrate it. Now, being the perfectionist that I am, I devoted myself to making this the best book ever, plus it was my first complete book of illustrations, and I wanted to do a good job.

Watching election coverage a couple weeks ago, I finally finished all the pages! We decided to publish it with Blurb.com, a print-on-demand website I had used for a class project last semester. In the website's bookstore, you can view the first 15 pages. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...