Search This Blog

Friday, January 18, 2008

"Battening down the hatches"

-It seems as though Chicago is "battening down the hatches" in preparation for this very cold weekend . . . very cold in comparison to the winter weather so far, but north of us (i.e. Wisconsin) is getting hit even worse.

I kind of like the bordering on single-digits temperature myself. Bundling up so you can barely move and jumping out into a city that has become strangely desolate. Below-zero, on the other hand, is just sinus suicide.

-It has only taken me 4 1/2 years of living in Chicago, but I finally have a Chicago Public Library card. I am so excited. Now I sport cards from three North American cities: Madison, WI; Chicago, IL; and Huntsville, Ontario. Good times.

Now, of course , I do not have time to read any of the books that I might acquire from said library, but that is besides the point. Re-reading Harry Potter 7 is now within my reach, however.

-I am thinking about writing a book. Much research still needs to be done, but eventually I will know enough about my maternal grandmother's side of the family to compile a historic narrative. After exhausting all my free trials from Ancestry.com I finally subscribed. Hopefully I'll be able to make the most of my $30/month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...