Search This Blog

Friday, June 15, 2012

Stories

Good stories energize me. I love reading engaging tales of life lived, truthful experiences and earnest quests. Maybe that's why when writer Donald Miller talks about "living a good story" I perk up. Honestly, I don't think I am living that good of a story in this season of my life. My monotonous routine leaves much to be desired, but I am still drawn to the idea of good stories.

When I was younger I used to write stories. They were mostly always for school, in those sometimes-fun joint Social Studies and English classes where it was required to write a story about a specific time in history. I loved it. In fact, I even wrote a very moving tale about the demise of Pompeii for my 7th grade science class. Much to my disappointment, I don't know where it went.

As Jo March would say, "Why, I have ten stories in my head right now!" So, I have decided to write some stories. Some of them may become larger tales, maybe even long enough to fill a book. But my goal for this summer is to just write. The first few will be things I have already started working on. I'd appreciate any feedback and criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...