Search This Blog

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Textbooks and Snow

Winter break was good and restful. The family did our annual trek across the barren midwest to Colorado. We hiked a lot, hung out with my Dad's side of the family, and I started crocheting a sweater. I am about half finished. I also re-read all of Madeleine L'Engle's Austin series! She is such a genius. If anyone asked me who I would like to meet from the past, she might be the person.

But all good things must end. I'm back in Chicago and have been working non-stop at the Loyola Bookstore. I am super grateful to have a job (one, to keep me busy and not lonely before classes start, and two, because nothing is certain with this silly economy), but I am soooo sore from standing on my feet all day and lifting heavy textbooks.

That, on top of all the shoveling today, is giving me some nice upper-body strength. Speaking of shoveling . . . my friend lent me her car while she is in Florida for a week. But with all this working, and all this snowy weather I haven't had time to drive anywhere. Nevertheless, I was obligated to shovel off the foot of snow that has fallen in the last couple days. I really was quite a feat, no pun intended.

My classes start on Tuesday. This is my last semester of grad school. What!?! Where did all that time go? Anyway, I have two classes and my masters essay to write, plus the Public History oral exam. It's going to be an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...