Search This Blog

Saturday, April 12, 2008

"Since I've Been Gone . . ."

Does anyone even read this thing? Maybe I should start inserting into Facebook Notes . . .

Anyway, I am back from my un-official hiatus from blogging. I think I became slightly disillusioned by the idea of recording my daily musings. Maybe an audience would help.

Since my last post, I . . .

1) Got a job at the Art Institute--working with Discovery/Antenna Audio selling audio guides for the special Edward Hopper/Winslow Homer exhibit. Simple sales in a magnificent museum (alliteration anyone?). The wet toes paid off, apparently.



Mid-March my family drove me back from Easter-in-Madison and we all experienced the exhibit together. This sparked my desire to re-pick up Chaim Potok's "My Name is Asher Lev."

2) Cut my hair. It's shoulder length now.

3) Finally stepped foot in North Park's archives. For a class project I used their repository for a mini internship/volunteer job and ended up processing a former professor's collection of newspaper clippings.

4) Compiled and published a history picture-book with Blurb.com's Booksmart software [http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/212693].
















5) Got a summer internship at the Library of Congress in their Prints and Photographs division!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...